Sunday, December 30, 2007

"I've made a huge mistake."

To commemorate the fact that I got all the seasons of Arrested Development as a Christmas present to myself, I want to take a look back at the reasons why we love the Bluths. Actually, it’s more like a list of reasons I hate Fox. Because the world would have gotten around to seeing what all the critics were talking about if they didn’t get a new timeslot every week and if they had actually gotten promoted. If DVD sales are any indication, the show is a hit, even years after it was cancelled. But of course, Fox wouldn’t know a hit if it fucked them in the ass. That’s because they’re too busy looking for the next American One Hit Flash-in-the-Pan up Simon Cowell’s ass. But seriously, Arrested Development is the most consistently funny show ever to grace our television

screens. So when I heard that an Arrested Development movie might be in the works, I was overjoyed with glee. Of course, rumors about this have been circling since the show’s untimely demise, and I personally won’t get too excited until I see it on IMDb. But while promoting Juno (read my review here), Jason Bateman let it slip that he had been recently conversing with series creator, Mitchell Hurwitz, and trying to convince him to get to writing a movie. He said Hurwitz “could be coming around.” Doesn’t sound like much but since the writer’s strike is in full swing, that might mean he’ll actually get the ball rolling, if nothing else out of boredom.

This, naturally, is second best only to having the series return triumphantly to our living rooms. But who knows, maybe the movie will be such a blockbuster, there will no other rational choice than to bring it back. At least something good might come out of the writer’s strike. I won’t be complaining if an AD movie fills the void that 8 less episodes of Lost will leave this coming spring.

The full article and video can be found here:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/12/06/jason-bateman-refuels-hope-for-arrested-development-movie/ 

And if you want to catch the show and don’t want to buy it. The entire series (along with many fun extras) is available for your viewing pleasure here:

No comments: